(Late) Links Of The Week: Rams Up Next
I’m a little late getting this week’s Links segment kicked out to you all, but there are still plenty of great articles to point you towards as you wait for tomorrow’s kickoff. Read them, tell the author what you think, and tell them who sent you:
- The Vikings passing offense is going to be a main sticking point in almost every game preview from here on out.
- Allen the Entertainer went on Jim Rome’s new show and had quite the fun time blasting recent changes to the game of football.
- When building this Vikings team the front office has to be aware that they will most likely be playing their home games outdoors for two years.
- Anyone that still clings to the idea that the NFL is not a quarterback driven league need not look much further than the 2012 Minnesota Vikings.
- Here is a dream that just seems incredibly too pleasant to ever come true.
- Chris Kluwe got fined for his uniform infraction on Sunday, and his special teams coach has just about had it with his punter.
- I found a Bill Musgrave supporter! Take that Sasquatch hunters!
- Todd McShay put down the self-tanner long enough to release his first mock draft and he has the Vikings using their pick on a defensive tackle with the last name “Williams.” That has worked well for us in the past.
- A.J. Jefferson’s concussion last Sunday shouldn’t hold him out this week, but he was plenty scared following the injury.
- Scroll down past the game recap (unless you want to read it, of course) to the table that compares Christian Ponder to Tarvaris Jackson. Then, drink heavily.
- Bill Musgrave says that Christian Ponder’s footwork “needs to be more refined.” He also contends that books have pages and that cows say “moo.”
- Leslie Frazier has told defensive end D’Aundre Reed, who hasn’t been active for two weeks, to be patient.
- The question of whether or not Minnesota can afford their new Vikings stadium is not yet answered, and won’t be for a long time.
- How this offseason goes for free agents Dwight Freeney and Osi Umeniyora could tell us a lot about Jared Allen’s potential future, or lack thereof, in Minnesota.
- Some really fun conceptual pictures of the future stadium in Mineapolis.
- Jerome Felton has been a very solid fullback paving the way for Adrian Peterson, but rookie Rhett Ellison might be even better in that area.
- Everson Griffen avoided a fine for his hit high on Jay Cutler last week.
- Bryant McKinnie used to look like an All Pro against lesser talents while looking like a clown against the better pass rushers in the NFL. Rookie Matt Kalil, however, looks like an All Pro no matter who lines up across from him.
- A lot weird things can happen on any given Sunday, but Vikes Geek points out three things that he considers to be ludicrous from last week.
- Rookies Harrison Smith and Josh Robinson have proved to be just what the doctor ordered for an annually disappointing Vikings secondary.
- Don’t click this link unless you are prepared to buy yourself the greatest Christmas present ever.