The Vikings offseason is starting to heat up as rumors and opinions are floating around everywhere recently. However, any rumor that was discussed this week was trumped by the news of former Minnesota defensive end extraordinaire Jared Allen announcing his retirement from the NFL.
Allen will go down as one of the best to ever put on a Vikings helmet. His time spent in Minnesota sacking countless opposing quarterbacks could potentially lead to him being presented with a gold jacket in the near future.
- He has a very long way to go, but what are the chances that Vikings running back Adrian Peterson can pass Emmitt Smith as the NFL’s all-time rushing leader?
- Where did you spend your Valentine’s Day? Minnesota safety Andrew Sendejo might have everyone beat with the greatest destination to take a date.
- The Vikings hired a new Strength and Conditioning coach this week and his name is Brent Salazar. Most recently with the Kansas City Chiefs, Salazar will attempt to put an end to pectoral injuries occurring in Minnesota among other things.
- For the first time since 2000, the Vikings could be spending their Thanksgiving holiday on the football field. Randy Moss might come out retirement to play in this one.
- Will Minnesota re-sign guard Mike Harris this offseason? If they decide to do so, will he end up becoming their starting right tackle in 2016?
- Draft Season has been doing some outstanding work for us here at Vikings Territory, Their latest mock draft has Minnesota sticking to one specific side of the ball.
- Vikings quarterback Teddy Bridgewater did not have an impressive statistical season by any means in 2015. However, he did have one of his best games this year against the Super Bowl champions.
- Cornerback Terence Newman provided a spark for Minnesota last season. Would re-signing the 37-year-old be in the team’s best interest?
- As for this week’s Moment of Zen, Jared Allen explains the mystique behind his famous hairstyle…