BJ Reidell and Drew Mahowald review the Minnesota Vikings’ outstanding defensive season, sift through specific areas in need of improvement, evaluate the year-long performance of the unit’s greatest contributors and speculate both on if the defense will be better next year and how to assure improvement in 2017.
PRIMARY TALKING POINTS
- Gaudy statistical rankings
- Spectacular defensive line and pass-rush
- Regression of linebacker Anthony Barr
- Mike Zimmer’s ability to develop an outstanding defensive secondary
- Specific areas in need of improvement
- Speculation regarding impending free agents and potential hole-fillers