Yes, the Minnesota Vikings missed the 2016 postseason. And yes, it was an excruciatingly painful season to endure. But, as we have already noted during previous Top-5 lists, there were a number of standout efforts throughout the season.
The Vikings may have finished with an 8-8 record, but that didn’t stop them from racking up a bevy of outstanding single-game performances. In fact, one could argue that ranking only five individual efforts (plus an honorable mention) does not actually do justice to the number of outstanding games that Minnesota’s 53-man roster produced.
Given that the 2016 season saw four Vikings (initially) named to the Pro Bowl (Harrison Smith, Xavier Rhodes, Everson Griffen, Cordarrelle Patterson), included breakout seasons from Adam Thielen and Danielle Hunter (if his six-sack rookie year wasn’t enough, that is) and played host to Sam Bradford’s record-breaking season, it should come as little surprise that Minnesota’s rollercoaster campaign included an impressive list of individual game performances.
Also, be sure to check out our previous rankings, and keep an eye out for the remaining articles in our series highlighting the most thrilling Vikings moments from the 2016 season:
- 1. Vikings’ Top-5 Offensive Plays in 2016
- 2. Vikings’ Top-5 Defensive Plays in 2016
- 3. Vikings’ Top-5 Special Teams Plays in 2016
- 4. Vikings’ Top-5 Individual Performances in 2016
- 5. Vikings’ Top-5 Individual Seasons in 2016
- 6. Vikings’ Top-5 Team Performances in 2016
- 7. Vikings’ Top-5 Season-Defining Moments in 2016