With the backing of Vikings linebacker Chad Greenway, and a friendly competition between four other great Vikings sites, we still consider our charitable fundraising goal of $10,000 raised by August 22nd to be within reach.
In an attempt to raise those funds for the “Chad’s Locker” program, run by Chad Greenway and the fine folks at his Lead the Way Foundation, we here at Vikings Territory have pulled every trick out of our hat that we could think of to motivate the online Vikings community to lend a huge helping hand to families in need.
So far, in our efforts, we have:
- Challenged four other Vikings sites (Daily Norseman, VikeFans, Vikings Corner, and Vikings Journal) to see who could raise the most money with a digital trophy on the line.
- We sent Lindsey to a hospital housing a Chad’s Locker to talk to real people impacted by Greenway’s unique program.
- We offered business sponsorship packages to try and make sure every resource we have is being used to meet this goal. So far, we have two takers on that offer including Echidna and SH Architecture.
- Matt Engstrom generously donated proceeds from a week’s worth of sales on his incredibly awesome T-shirt line with his original illustrations.
- We hosted Chad Greenway on the Purple For The Win! Podcast to try and talk equal parts football and outreach.
We might have a few more tricks left up our sleeves, and we certainly won’t miss our goal due to a lack of effort, but let’s take a look at where things currently stand.