Sad to see our season end. Win or lose it's great to wake on Sunday knowing the Vikes are on the tube. A few things to hope for next year and a few things we learned about our team:
1) We can hope our coaching staff grows from this year. As the the year ended, it appeared to your old pal Fragile that the entire staff was over matched by game day. As virtually all of the top dogs on the staff were virgins in their current role, we shouldn't be surprised. In Freds opinion, changing head coaches again is not the answer. This team needs stability, and a ton more talent. Freds likes Leslie, dude is a class act. Let's hope he can coach.
2) To date, we have no QB. It wasn't a mistake bringing in a veteran QB this year, it was a mistake bringing in Don McNabb. Leslie has tapped Ponder as the starter for the coming year, this is the right choice. Enough of the "open competition" garbage. IF the Vikes thought Webb was a long term starter, they sure as hell wouldn't have spend a #1 on Ponder. Webb is the same guy as last year, and will be the same guy next year. We don't know who Ponder will be. He could be a good QB, he could be a flop. Time will tell.
3) The offensive line is worse than we thought. Well, maybe not. Freds thought they sucked, they do. The idea that virtually nothing of significance was done this year to upgrade is an organizational failure.
4) Tony Gerhart is a good running back, but the wrong draft choice. We should have moved up to draft an offensive lineman.
5) We had great hope for our safeties this year....now we have none.
6) Jared Allen was WAY out of shape last year,and with that Jared Allen came in showed that he was ready this year. Yes, his sack total was impressive but his run defense was much better as well. Dear Mr. Williams, it's your turn.
7) Brian Robinson isn't Ray Edwards, in some ways this is good, in some ways, not so good. Brian needs to work harder during the off season to be a full time impact player.
8) Brian McKinnie is a fat bastard. So, we didn't learn that this year, but he still is.
9) We learned that there is no difference between Asher Allen, Abulla Mcdilly, Jamaro Sandford, Mensrual Raymond or any of the rest of them. Each and every single one of them is terrible. Perhaps your old pal Fragile is exaggerating a bit, but none of them can tackle, run, catch or cover. Aside from that, I guess they are fine. Why in the hell did any team even try to run against us? What a waste of time running the ball.
10) It's fun having the best running back in football. But who gives a rats ass? 3 wins....we need a QB who can lead this team. At this time in the NFL, without a good offensive line a QB who can throw a team to victory we will be 10-6 at best, without a championship. Fred will always hate Favre, but that dude carried the Vikes two years ago. Let's hope Ponder can develop in the coming years.
We will be better next year, Freds can't wait!!