A Familiar Face Expected To Sign

At the beginning of the Vikings bye week, Leslie Frazier himself suggested that the Vikings should look outside the organization for help in the secondary and most fans seemed to agree with that assessment, especially with the Green Bay Packers next on the schedule.

At the time, I mentioned two names to consider, one being Leigh Bodden who ended up needing surgery which made him not much use.

The other name I mentioned was Benny Sapp who was traded two years ago to Miami in exchange for Greg Camarillo.  Sapp was cut by the Fins after a week one disaster against New England.

Sapp, in his eighth year, is expected to be signed on Wednesday.

While the Vikings adding an average-at-best cornerback will do little to solve any of their problems on defense, it is an obvious choice considering Antoine Winfield’s season ending injury.

Oh, and it doesn’t help that the Vikings are paying the alleged domestic abuser Chris Cook to sit at home and cut his hair… probably in an attempt to distance himself from his mug shot.

At the beginning of Monday’s live chat I also expressed surprise and concern that the Vikings did not activate rookie cornerback Brandon Burton.  Hopefully, we will soon be able to get a look at this young cornerback, and hopefully he will show us something to be excited about.

(UPDATE:  The signing is official.  Sapp could play against Oakland on Sunday.)

Share: