QUOTE OF THE WEEK: “What’s The Record Now?”

It wouldn’t be much of a stretch to say that the Vikings could have won each of their last two very close games.

Winfield, however, is on injured reserve and has been forced to watch these train wrecks from the couch just like the rest of us.

(Hey, ‘Toine, come join in on the live chat!)

“It’s been tough,” Winfield said of the 2011 season. “No one expected us to be two and – what’s the record now?”

Winfield has two years left on his deal, which features a de-escalator if he takes on a the nickel role, and plans on playing through the remainder of his contract.

“I love the game,” Winfield said today. “I still enjoy going out there, playing. Enjoy the locker room, being around the guys. I have two more years on my contract here and I expect to play those out.”

He is 34 years old but, until being derailed by injury, seems to be playing as well, if not better, than his earlier years.

He is one of the best tackling corners in the NFL and one of the Vikings biggest offseason priorities has to be getting him into that nickel role on a full time basis so he can play as close to the line of scrimmage as possible and save some money in doing so.

In order to accomplish this, the Vikings need to get healthier and more talented at the cornerback position in a big way.

Share: