Good evening, everyone. Welcome to Thursday’s ICYMI: We discuss the Will Sutton signing, the Vikings’ “face of the franchise,” and predict which receivers make the roster.
“VT’s In Case You Missed It” intends to funnel news reports, general information and a handful of the best analysis articles about the Minnesota Vikings into one all-encompassing write-up. If you don’t have the time to follow the Purple and Gold as much as you may like, allow Vikings Territory to do the dirty work for you with our catch-all Vikings recap of everything you may have missed.
VT — IN CASE YOU MISSED IT
Don’t miss the latest Minnesota Vikings materials available at Vikings Territory
- Sean Borman analyzed the depth of the Vikings receivers and gave his prediction on which receivers will make the team in 2017.
- BJ Reidell and Sam Neumann—filling in for an extremely sunburnt Drew Mahowald—discuss the Vikings’ recent additions of DT Will Sutton and OG Freddie Tagaloa, dissect the team’s “Face of the Franchise” situation, and fire off a handful of “way-too-early” predictions for the 2017 season.
Minnesota Vikings team news and roster announcements
- ESPN’s Ben Goessling reported Michael Floyd’s house arrest has been transferred to Minnesota. He will start practicing with the team next week.
- 2017 might be the last year Mankato hosts Vikings training camp, according to Goessling.
- Bud Grant held his annual and apparently last garage sale, per Eric Smith.
- Lindsey Young took a closer look at the new Vikings team headquarters in Eagan and described how the surrounding community will benefit from its construction.
- Mike Wobschall sat down with Vikings offensive coordinator Pat Shurmur to discuss how important OTAs are because of the offseason overhaul on offense. Is it me or does Shurmur sound a lot like Rick Spielman?
- Nate Burleson picks Teddy Bridgewater as his Viking to watch in 2017.
FEATURES & ANALYSIS
Minnesota Vikings analysis articles, feature stories, and columns
- Mathew Coller at 1500 ESPN wonders if it’s time to make Anthony Barr a pure pass rusher.
- The folks at Daily Norseman highlighted the right tackle position and which players could potentially unseat Mike Remmers for the starting spot.
- Eric Smith at Vikings.com took a look at how the Vikings may use rookie running back Davin Cook in the passing game.
- From a couple of days ago, an excellent article by Mathew Coller at 1500 ESPN on why everyone believes in Teddy Bridgewater.
AROUND THE NFL
Notable NFL news, reports, updates and analysis
- Adrian Peterson’s contract details have emerged, per ESPN.
- The Pittsburgh Steelers cut tight end Ladarius Green, according to NFL.com.
- NFL.com reported torrential rains caused delays in the construction of the new Los Angeles Rams and Chargers’ Inglewood, CA stadium. The stadium will now open in 2020, a year after its previously scheduled opening.
Remember: Visit Vikings Territory every day around dinner time for a full recap of the goings-on both in Minnesota and across the National Football League!