In Case You Missed It: Vikings Michael Floyd In Trouble, Moss and Rashad Honored & Lots More
VT — IN CASE YOU MISSED IT
Don’t miss the latest Minnesota Vikings materials available at Vikings Territory
- Austin Belisle reported Vikings wide receiver Michael Floyd might be in big trouble, again. Floyd blames the Kombucha tea he drank. Depending on how things go for Floyd in court (June 26th), the Vikings can release the offseason acquisition without a dead cap penalty.
- The Vikings are again looking for a strength and conditioning coach.
- BJ Reidell analyzed 18 Vikings that are preparing for a critical contract year in 2017.
- There will be no homecoming for former Gophers receiver Eric Decker after he signed a one-year deal with the Tennessee Titans, wrote Sean Borman.
- The Vikings held their mandatory spring Minicamp at Winter Park last week. It was an eventful week, to say the least. Sean Borman recapped each day’s practice:
- Drew Mahowald thinks the Vikings should consider adding Colin Kaepernick.
- Austin Belisle took an early look at who he thinks will be the Vikings starters in 2017.
- Vikings running back Latavius Murray expects the team to emphasize the run this year, per Sean Borman.
Minnesota Vikings team news and roster announcements
- Vikings waived safety Tommy Armstrong. Armstrong could return to the team for training camp, but it’s unlikely at this point.
- The Vikings announced their 2017 Mankato training camp dates and practice schedule.
- Kelly Kleine was named the Vikings college scouting coordinator, by Alex Marvez at Sporting News.
- From Vikings.com:
— Minnesota Vikings (@Vikings) June 14, 2017
FEATURES & ANALYSIS
Minnesota Vikings analysis articles, feature stories and columns
- Chris Tomasson of the Pioneer Press reported Mike Zimmer has already offered Vikings cornerback Terence Newman a coaching job.
- Eric Smith of Vikings.com looked at the position battle at backup quarterback between Case Keenum and Taylor Heinicke.
- Jerick McKinnon is bulking up as he looks to make his mark in the Vikings running game this season, reported Lindsey Young of Vikings.com.
- From Mike Florio at ProFootballTalk, Zimmer is cautiously optimistic about the Vikings offense.
- Per PFF’s Twitter feed:
Danielle Hunter had the highest pass rushing productivity rating of any NFC North edge defender in 2016. pic.twitter.com/qUg73wyRET
— Pro Football Focus (@PFF) June 19, 2017
AROUND THE NFL
Notable NFL news, reports, updates and analysis
- The Detroit Lions traded for offensive tackle Greg Robinson.
- According to NFL.com, Ryan Shazier wants to see future collective bargaining agreement changes for first-round rookies. The Steelers linebacker thinks it’s unfair first-round picks have to wait up to five years to renegotiate with teams if they play at a high level. The former Ohio State Buckeye said it doesn’t make sense because if a player is drafted in any other round they can bargain with the team after four years. The teams have a leg-up on the first-round picks because they control the fifth-year option. The player has no control in the matter. This could become a focal point for the NFLPA during the next CBA negotiations.