Friday’s ICYMI: Bud Grant turns 90, your easy-to-reference guide on the 2017 Vikings rookies and their paths to the purple the gold.
VT’s “In Case You Missed It” intends to funnel every news report, the most general of informational notes and a handful of the best analysis articles pertaining to the Minnesota Vikings into one all-encompassing write-up. If you don’t have the time to follow the Purple and Gold as much as you may like, allow Vikings Territory to do the dirty work for you with our catch-all Vikings recap of everything you may have missed.
VT — IN CASE YOU MISSED IT
Don’t miss the latest Minnesota Vikings materials available at Vikings Territory
- Austin Belisle provided an awesome easy-to-reference guide on the 2017 Vikings rookies that graphically illustrates the trade details that brought nine of the Vikings eleven draft picks to Minnesota.
- Andy Carlson dove into multiple chart-topping Purple topics in NOW That’s What I Call Vikings! Volume 373! [PODCAST]. Today’s Talkers Include:
• The New Vikings Facility Looks PIMP
• Training Camp Leaving Mankato Sucks
• Michael Floyd House Arrest Update UPDATE
• Why I Believe in Rodney Adams (USF Video We Referenced)
• Signed Tryout Freddie Tagaloa, Cut BJ DuBose
• Signed Will Sutton, Cut Toby Johnson
• BOLD PREDICTION: Danielle Hunter Will Lead the NFL in Sacks in 2017
• What Is Kyle Rudolph’s Future in Purple?
All that and more “I Miss CDs” chatter on this edition of the Purple FTW! Podcast!
Minnesota Vikings team news and roster announcements
- Chris Tomasson at Pioneer Press updated us on what’s new with receiver Moritz Bohringer.
- Matthew Coller at 1500 ESPN looked at how many incentives Adrian Peterson will actually hit.
- The Daily Norseman is looking to hire a couple of front page contributors. If you’d like to write about the Vikings, find out the details here.
- Happy 90th Birthday to Bud Grant! By Lindsey Young.
- Lindsey Young reported Kentrell Brothers is looking to play a bigger role in 2017. Could he be the main contributor in replacing Chad Greenway?
FEATURES & ANALYSIS
Minnesota Vikings analysis articles, feature stories and columns
- Bill Barnwell at ESPN handed out 2017 NFL offseason report cards for all the teams in the NFC North and tries to explain what happened to Chicago on draft night.
- ESPN’s Mike Reiss highlighted the bond and brotherly love shared by Kevin and Conor McDermott.
AROUND THE NFL
Notable NFL news, reports, updates and analysis
- NFL.com reported the Tampa Bay Buccaneers have signed quarterback Ryan Fitzpatrick to a 1-year, $3 million deal.
- The latest on Concussiongate: Tom Brady’s agent said he was NOT diagnosed with a concussion in 2016, from NFL.com.
- The Cleveland Browns signed the number one overall pick of the 2017 NFL draft Myles Garrett to a four-year, $30.4 million deal with a $20.25 million signing bonus. The deal also includes a 5th year team option.
Remember: Visit Vikings Territory every day around dinner time for a full recap of the goings-on both in Minnesota and across the National Football League!