The Minnesota Vikings will officially make franchise history on Sunday night by playing the first regular season game ever in U.S. Bank Stadium. That game will be played against, of course, the Green Bay Packers which will mark a new era in an old rivalry.
A New stadium. A prime time event. A heated rivalry. A quarterback conundrum.
What more could you want when it comes to drama and excitement? There is plenty of both and right now we take our weekly glance around the web in search of some of the best links available.
Before we get too far into the regular links, I just wanted to give a shout out to one of my favorite blogs that has decided to shut their doors for good. Darren Campbell and Pacifist Viking have done a marvelous job running the Kick Ass Blog over the years and I think their sudden absence will be greater sadness to more Vikings fans than they probably know. Good luck in whatever is next, fellas.
- Before too much Packers stuff, here is a nice summary of last week’s action.
- Mike Zimmer thinks the Vikings need to beat Green Bay more often if this is going to be called a rivalry.
- Saturdays are all about the Donut Club at Winter Park and in my household.
- Rumor has it Sam Bradford received all the first team reps during Wednesday’s practice.
- Love ranking and rating, but crave something different than PFF? Here is a fun new segment to follow each week from some great Vikings fans.
- There are about a million ways to subscribe to the Purple FTW! Podcast (now of 1500 ESPN fame) so make sure you take advantage!
- Here are some up-close looks at Blair Walsh’s foot to try and determine “What the hell is wrong?”
- Eric Kendricks was named the NFC Defensive Player of Week One.
- Tre Roberson has made his way back to Minnesota’s practice squad this week.
- A nice All-22 review of the Vikings versus Titans game.
- The Vikings have made a healthy jump in estimated value over the last year.
- Matt Kalil, Sharrif Floyd, and Xavier Rhodes all highlight the injury worries for the Vikings this week.
- Nike has released their “Color Rush” uniforms and, yes, that includes a new Vikings uniform.
- Unsurprisingly, ticket prices for Sunday’s game are through the roof.
- When it comes to U.S. Bank Stadium the term “Home Field Advantage” will be redefined in Minnesota.
- Count Fran Tarkenton among those that believe the Vikings can still make a serious push.
- Wide out Jarius Wright seems a little confused as to why he was a healthy scratch on Sunday.
- Stefon Diggs and Harrison Smith were among those that graded out highest in Week One.
- Jhurell Pressley won’t be suiting up for either the Vikings nor the Packers this weekend.
- First rounder Laquon Treadwell didn’t see the field at all last Sunday.