The Minnesota Vikings are getting closer and closer to being “Home Sweet Home” again as they prepare to play their first game of football in U.S. Bank Stadium next week. First up, however, is an interesting preseason test against the Seattle Seahawks that ousted them from the postseason a season ago.
We here at Vikings Territory are champing at the bit to get this thing started for real, but the preseason is an important time when it comes to shaping a roster, and also when it comes to dusting off some of our old favorite weekly segments.
Please enjoy the return of “Links of the Week!”
- We recently added purplePTSD to our list of favorite sites and encourage you to make them a part of your daily Vikings fix. To learn about the unique story behind this site I encourage you to start by clicking here.
- If you haven’t noticed we are slowly becoming T-shirt peddlers. We’ve got two shirts currently available here and here. Keep an eye out for more designs dropping soon, because if you want to get cutting edge fashion from somewhere… clearly a football blog is the place to start!
- Like many Vikings fans, our friends over at KAB are particularly interested in how the receiver battle will play out in the coming weeks.
- If you missed Daniel House’s article about a military mother’s special “thank you” to Mike Zimmer you should check it out. If you read it already, you should read it again.
- Here is a recent 53-man roster projection from our go-to Draft gurus at Draft Season.
- When it comes to pleasant surprises (for those of us that underestimated him) Shamar Stephen is looking like a perfect component within this Vikings defense.
- Ted Glover over at Daily Norseman has listed the five things he wants to see out of the upcoming Seattle matchup.
- Breaking down the good, the bad, and the ugly from Friday’s game in Cincy.
- Be sure to check out all of the awesome VikeFans interviews conducted in Mankato this year. They are all stored here for easy browsing.
- An argument that we saw enough in Cincinnati to be justified in showing some excitement over Teddy Bridgewater.
- Former Vikings quarterback Christian Ponder has found employment on the West Coast (and, yes, it is with an NFL team).
- Jarius Wright – who I’ve been calling a roster lock all offseason – is starting to make me uneasy about my own confidence with this “mystery injury” stuff.
- C.J. Ham wants to be the Vikings most recent home-grown success story.
- Everson Griffen wants to notch a 20 sack season this year.
- Last minute projections still place Adrian Peterson among the top targets for fantasy football players.
- If the folks at Pro Football Focus were in charge of selecting an Olympic football Dream Team only one Vikings would have made the cut this year. Can you guess which one?
- The decision on whether or not Adrian Peterson takes any preseason snaps this year is up to, well, Adrian Peterson.
- The original Gjallarhorn is on tour between now and the start of the regular season.