– Written by Adam’s wife, Danielle
It unfortunately happened; the Vikings have lost their first game.
Even though the team lost the game, making them 5-1 for the season, they are still first in their division, and going to the Super Bowl is still in sight (after all only two teams have gone to the Super Bowl undefeated).
I know the Vikings have suffered a great loss and I made a meal representing the opposing team’s city last week and I hate doing the same thing this week but pizza is involved and who doesn’t love pizza?
I made pizza bites for a variety of reasons and the first is that they are easy to make and easy to take if you are going to a party. The second reason is because they are so delicious. It is amazing how something so simple can have such vibrant tastes. Lastly, I figured that if I was going to make some sort of pizza dish, I should do it when the Vikings play Chicago.
Imagine being at a party celebrating the game and all you want is pizza. Let’s face it, pizza can be super messy especially if you have been enjoying some adult beverages. You want pizza so bad, but you don’t want to lose your toppings when you take a bite and you certainly don’t want to wreck your favorite shirt with pizza grease; after all, this is the same shirt you have worn every single time the team has won.
This is where pizza bites come in. Pick one up, dunk it into some warm, robust sauce, and pop the whole thing in your mouth. The flavors will hit you all at once. A bit of spice from the pepperoni, some creamy flavor from the mozzarella and the light butter flavor with parmesan cheese and garlic from the biscuits. It is literally a perfect bite every single time.
I hope everyone else agrees that these pizza bites do truly give you that perfect bite every time. Let me know what you think in the comments below and don’t forget to follow Adam on twitter (@Str8_Cash_Homey) in order to get all the Vikings news you need and sneak peeks of other meals coming up.
Makes 20 pizza bites
- 2 rolls of Pillsbury biscuits
- 1 package of sliced pepperoni or a stick of pepperoni cut into bite sized cubes
- 1 block mozzarella cut into cubes
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- ½ teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon parmesan cheese
- Pizza sauce
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Roll biscuits out in order to flatten them
- Place a slice of pepperoni on the biscuits followed by a piece of mozzarella and top it off with an additional slice of pepperoni
- Fold the outsides of the biscuit up and towards the middle to make all edges meet in order to seal the pizza bites
- Place the pizza bites on a pan with the part you sealed at the bottom
- Mix the butter, Italian seasoning, minced garlic, and parmesan cheese together in a bowl
- Brush the melted butter mix on top of the biscuits
- Bake the biscuits for 18-20 minutes
- Heat the pizza sauce and serve on the side for dunking