It happened again, the Vikings lost.
Although the team lost, we all have to admit they did a pretty good job giving the Cowboys a run for their money. It is no secret the Cowboys are the best team in the NFL right now and thankfully, that information did not get to the Vikings, and they did a great job keeping the score close and ensuring the Cowboys could not get too far ahead.
Unfortunately with this loss comes the news that the Vikings have to win their next four games if they are going to get into the playoffs. I am going to keep my fingers crossed and hope you do the same. The good thing is the Vikings should have a head start at the winning streak needed with the game on Sunday against the Jaguars who have lost the past seven games they have played.
This week I feel like I made the ultimate game day dish, something everyone loves and is a perfect finger food – Sliders. Honestly, who doesn’t love sliders? Being that they are so small, they are perfect to bring to a tailgating party or for your own tailgating party.
Sliders are something we all love but for some reason, I feel like no one every makes them, we just wait until we go out to dinner at a restaurant and order them. Sliders are actually incredibly easy to make and I think featuring them as a game day dish will show you how easy they actually are.
I don’t generally season my ground beef with more than salt and pepper but I felt as if this was an important recipe and deserved the best. The seasonings I added, garlic powder, onion powder, salt, and pepper, are such simple seasonings that make such a big difference. They will bring your sliders to the next level.
Unless you make these sliders, you honestly can’t understand how good these taste. They were so good that I was sitting at the table across from Adam doing deep breathing and unbuttoning my pants in order to eat more. I had half of a slider left on my plate and I really wanted to finish it because it was so good but honestly was not sure if I could do it but I did it and it was totally worth the tummy ache I got afterward.
These sliders are so incredibly juicy. Since you put the rolls in the pan and then finish cooking the beef, the juices from the beef absorb into the slider rolls and every bite you take is like biting into heaven as you feel your taste buds take in the delicious flavors. They are so tender and fill your mouth with nothing but the best. I know for sure one slider will not be enough; you will want to eat every single slider you make.
Try these out and let me know what you think. I am in love with them and I am pretty sure I am going to make these for now on whenever we want burgers. They were some of the best burgers I have ever had. As usual, do not forget to follow my better half on twitter at (@Str8_Cash_Homey) for sneak peeks and all of the Vikings news you need.
- 1 lb. ground beef, either 80/20 or 85/15
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- 6 slices of cheddar cheese
- 12 dinner rolls, sliced horizontally
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees
- Place the ground beef, salt, pepper, onion powder, and garlic powder in a baking dish and use your hands to mix all of the items together
- Flatten out the ground beef mix to cover the bottom of the baking dish you are using
- Cook the ground beef for 20 minutes
- Once the 20 minutes is over, remove the beef from the baking dish and put aside. Drain the grease from the baking dish
- Place the bottom half of the dinner rolls in the baking dish, then place the beef on top of the rolls. On top of the beef, place the cheese. Put the top half of the rolls on top of the cheese.
- Slather the melted butter on top of the dinner rolls
- Place the baking dish in the oven for an additional 15 minutes
- Remove the baking dish when the time is up and let the sliders cool for about 5 minutes
- Use a spatula to remove the sliders from the baking dish
- Cut the sliders following the dinner roll pre-cuts
Serve with your favorite condiments and enjoy!