Written by Adam’s wife, Danielle
Vikings fans have had another tough week. The Vikings lost their third straight game in a row during overtime on Sunday.
Even though the Vikings have clearly fallen upon hard times, we have to keep our heads up and think positively. Hopefully the Vikings will redeem themselves during this week’s game against the Redskins and later this month when they once again face off against the Lions on Thanksgiving Day.
I wanted to make sure I gave the team some good luck by following a new tradition (I love traditions). So far, the Vikings have not lost when I have made a dessert as a game day dish and that is enough to make it a new tradition to me. Since this is the case, I knew we needed a dessert to make sure to get a win and send out some good vibes.
When asking some friends what flavors they like in their dessert, I kept hearing the same thing. Chocolate and peanut butter. I enjoy both of those flavors but I love peanut butter so I knew I could make chocolate and peanut butter happen. I picked cookies because as usual, they are easy to pack along and bring to a tailgating party and easy for people to pick up and eat anywhere.
These cookies are fabulous for so many reasons. First is because they remind me a lot of peanut butter brownies. The dough is incredibly thick, similar to peanut butter cookies, but the cookies have that ooey-gooey brownie feel and smell to them. The second reason is because these are some of the easiest cookies I have ever made. You basically throw everything together and bake for a handful of minutes. With the holiday’s coming up, I feel like my days are getting a bit busier so anything that won’t take long is perfect.
I hope you all try these cookies out. I feel like you can continue with my thoughts of brownies and serve the cookies warm with a scoop of vanilla ice cream. If you do anything like that, please let me know! As usual, don’t forget to follow my husband Adam on twitter at (@Str8_Cash_Homey) to get sneak peaks of upcoming dishes and all of the Vikings news you need.
Chocolate Peanut Butter Cookies
- 1 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- ½ cup unsweetened baking cocoa
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- ¾ cup brown sugar
- ¼ cup unsalted butter, softened
- ¼ cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons almond extract
- 1 egg, room temperature
- ½ cup peanut butter chips
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees
- Line your cookie sheet with parchment paper or grease the pan
- In a medium sized mixing bowl, sift together the flour, baking cocoa, baking soda, and salt together
- In a large sized mixing bowl, cream together the sugars, butter, and peanut butter together until well mixed and light and fluffy
- Add in your egg, vanilla extract, and almond extract and mix until combined
- Gradually mix in the dry ingredients until fully combined
- The cookie dough will be very thick while combining
- Fold the peanut butter chips into the batter
- Scoop out the dough into rounded balls and flatten the top of the cookies
- If you make the dough thick it will stay that way and you will have thick cookies.
- Bake the cookies for 6-8 minutes
Let cool and enjoy!