Written by Adam’s wife, Danielle.
It’s here, it’s here! The season has officially started!
Although we have already suffered quite the blow with Teddy being out for the season, we had an amazing pre-season. Hopefully the men in purple can pull it together and prove that although Teddy is an amazing asset, the team is continuing to get stronger and will follow the admirable pre-season with an excellent season.
Here’s to hoping the new stadium brings some good luck to the Vikings and we can see them at the Super Bowl in February.
With that said, if there is one legendary meal that needs to be devoured to kick off the season, it is the Juicy Lucy!!! If you aren’t sure what a Juicy Lucy is, it is the most amazing and legendary meal of Minnesota. It will also let you use the grill again which at this point in the year, your chances are dwindling.
Just imagine, you are watching the first game and all the excitement has you starving. You decide you want a burger… maybe with some cheddar?
The beef comes to the table encompassed in an amazing glazed bun that is toasted to perfection. You can see the juices sitting on the outside of the burger just waiting for you to take your first bite so they can seep out and onto your taste buds. You finally pick up your burger and you take your first bite. Your eyes start to roll in the back of your head in pure ecstasy. You are literally moaning in pleasure.
This burger is possibly the most amazing thing you have ever consumed in your life and then it hits you…. Wait…. Is the cheddar you requested in the burger? Not on top? OH. MY. GOSH. Have I died and gone to heaven?
Top your burgers with the usual fixings of lettuce, tomato, and onion and pair it with fresh french fries and a pickle and your answer will be yes. You have died and have gone to heaven.
I seriously hope you all have the same feelings about a Juicy Lucy as I do! This juicy, delectable, meaty burger is going to be the best burger you have ever consumed and I am excited to hear what everyone thinks of it. Let me know in the comments below!
Ingredients (for two servings):
- 1/2 cup cheddar cheese
- 8 ounces ground beef
- Salt, to taste
- 2 buns of your choice
- 1 potato
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Preheat the oven at 425 degrees for the french fries and your grill up to at least 450 degrees for the burgers;
- Slice the potato julienne style to replicate french fries;
- Place the slices of potato in a plastic baggie;
- Add the EVOO, garlic powder, onion powder, salt, & pepper to the bag;
- Close up the baggie and shake it to coat the potatoes with the oil mix;
- Place about 1/4 cup of cheese in the indent of each patty;Place aluminum foil on a pan and place the french fries on the pan;
- Make four, two ounce patties with your ground beef;
- Put an indent in the middle of two of the patties;
- Place about 1/4 cup of cheese in the indent of each patty;
- Put the second patty on top of the first with the cheese and seal the edges;
- Put the burgers on your grill and the french fries in your oven;
- Cook the french fries and the burgers for about 10 minutes on each side;
- Pull the fries out of the oven and place the rolls in it;
- Toast the rolls to your liking;
Plate your french fries, roll with burger and topping of your choice and enjoy!