Today marks the fifth day of training camp for the Minnesota Vikings, and Vikings Territory will be there to cover every second of walkthroughs and practices! If you’ve missed any of the action, be sure to visit our training camp page to read the latest stories and posts coming out of Mankato.
I’ll also be touring U.S. Bank Stadium this morning as part of the stadium’s partnership with the Minnesota Vikings — the Vikings Biggest Fan Sweepstakes. There, 40 lucky fans and their guests will take a hard hat tour of the stadium and visit the preview center to learn more about the Vikings’ new home.
After a morning in the Twin Cities, we’ll take a bus up to Mankato and watch the Vikings’ second day of practice in pads from the sidelines. Fans will have a chance to talk to a member of the media before practice and meet one of their favorite players at the end of the day. Before leaving, each of the special guests will receive a complimentary gift to commemorate the once-in-a-lifetime experience.
In working with U.S. Bank Stadium and the Vikings Biggest Fan Event, Vikings Territory will be able to bring you an inside look at the new stadium and some extra coverage from training camp.
Part of that extra coverage will include our scavenger hunt throughout the day, and we’ve had some great responses from readers and Twitter followers! I’ll be checking off items as we tour and watch training camp, so be sure to follow on Twitter for every update!
Below, our finalized list of photos and videos to capture today:
- Rick Spielman talking to Adrian Peterson
- Cordarrelle Patterson wearing a weird hat
- Patterson was all business on Wednesday
- Mike Zimmer working with defensive backs
- Terence Newman mentoring Trae Waynes
- Swing and a miss!
- A bird on U.S. Bank Stadium (Adam’s hoping for a bald eagle)
- A Vikings fan wearing a pre-1998 jersey
- Fans love Teddy and Peterson…
- A selfie with someone using a selfie stick
- No selfie sticks allowed in the stadium. Boo.
- A fan wearing a Brett Favre jersey
- AT LEAST three fans saying “Straight Cash Homie” in front of U.S. Bank Stadium
- Matt Kalil making a block