Matt Vensel (@mattvensel) of the Star Tribune joins the show to talk about our Minnesota Fightin’ Vikings as we count down the days until we’re back in the hood in Mankato ready to launch this 2015 season into orbit. This year’s version of 4th of July has come and gone (without any Vikings pulling a JPP, FTW), so grab some leftover BBQ, toss some aloe on the sunburns, and listen to some Purple FTW! goodness!
Other “Clark Griswold was a Vikings Fan, not a Bears fan” Talking Points Include:
• Training Camp dates for us (July 31st – Aug 2nd)
• 2015 Sponsor Prospectus
• Chat with Matt Vensel
• His background, why Minnesota?
• What was it like meeting Sid for the 1st time?
• How was the 1st year covering the Vikings? Teddy/Zim/NORV
• Thoughts on the Adrian drama “ending”
• Adrian/McKinnon Backfield split
• Mike Wallace – Run Fast & Shut Up
• Preview of Mankato
• Week 1 Offensive Line is ____?
• Position battles to watch for (Blanton vs… ANYONE, one time?)
• Matt Kalil takes
• Matt’s STONE COLD HOT TAKE
• Over/Under 1300 Rushing Yards for Adrian Peterson this season?
• When does Harrison get extended?
• Bigger Impact in 2015: Trae Wayne or Eric Kendricks?
• Who has a longer stay in Minnesota: Mike Zimmer or Matt Vensel?
All that and other “Josh Robinson tore a pec holding back history” chatter on this edition of the Purple FTW! Podcast!
An Andy Carlson Joint.
Listen to the Episode Below (1:02:55)