This is the time of year when the various NFL circles are buzzing with reactions to performances at the NFL Scouting Combine.
Within those same circles roam the annual debates about the value found within the Combine drills, the general disdain for overreactions to individual performances, and of course the overreactions to individual performances that make the whole thing so entertaining.
I’m mixing things up this week, with my links segment, as this is going to be 100% about the Combine so far. The offensive positions are pretty much wrapping things up, and I’ll do this again when the defensive observations are available for the taking.
Before we get started on the links, however, I want to point out that our own Andy Carlson has joined forces with Di Murphy of Daily Norseman to create some more podcast shenanigans plenty worth the cost of admission. If you are a fan of the Purple For The Win! podcast then be sure to check out Andy Must Di, a promising spin-off that takes a broader look at Minnesota sports.
- Here is the full transcript of Mike Zimmer’s press conference in Indianapolis.
- Cornerback Marcus Peters has plenty of explaining to do about his college days and he is using the Combine as a way to jump start the much-needed damage control.
- Arif Hasan, over at Vikings Journal, says that Shaq Thompson and the Vikings are a perfect match.
- Speaking of Shaq Thompson, he met formally with the Vikings and is indicating that teams want to see him play linebacker.
- Early indications are that the 2014 class of wide outs will be one of the best in history, but 2015 is looking to be deep and talented, as well.
- Gopher running back David Cobb, who came up lame during his forty yard dash Saturday, says he would love to play for the Vikings.
- Keeping an eye on the top defensive ends will be Mike Zimmer and his staff.
- Here’s a nice little overview of the top offensive line names in this class.
- The top three wide out prospects used the forty-yard dash to reaffirm their speed.
- Gophers tight end Maxx Williams impressed onlookers with his soft hands in Indy and could be a perfect fit for the Green Bay Packers.
- Mississippi safety Cody Prewitt could be a guy to watch concerning Minnesota’s second round selection.
- Wide out Kevin White is being heralded as one of the Combine’s biggest winners this year.
- LSU offensive lineman La’el Collins was among the most impressive in his group.
- For those that want to see Matt Kalil ride the bench, you might want to get on board the Andrus Peat bandwagon.
- The forty times for this running back group are now coming in.