Adrian Peterson’s return dominated headlines this week, and rightfully so, but the Minnesota Vikings are a team of 89 players — giving fans plenty to read , watch, and listen to as we inch closer to Training Camp. I’m excited that Peterson is back in purple and gold, but I can’t wait to see how T.J. Clemmings develops at right guard, how Scott Crichton has grown in his second year with the Vikings, and how a slew of other players perform come July 24 — the start of training camp in Mankato.
Before I jump into some of the week’s best stories from around the Internet, I want to give a quick shoutout to Lindsey Young. I only started writing for Vikings Territory in February, but in four short months, I’ve come to appreciate the effort, enthusiasm, and excellence that Lindsey pours into every post. That comment goes for everyone at Vikings Territory — this is an absolutely awesome group of people — but you don’t have to look further than Lindsey’s two most recent stories to see what I’m talking about. Give her profile of Bud Grant and this morning’s piece on “Babs” a read when you get the chance; it’s definitely worth your time!
And now, a collection of some of this week’s Vikings work from our community of writers, bloggers, and reporters:
- Brett Favre is a big fan of Vikings second-year quarterback Teddy Bridgewater.
- Disgruntled Vikings don’t usually return to Minnesota, making Adrian Peterson’s return a surprise to Michael Rand.
- Mike Wallace has been on the receiving end of criticism — Tomasson writes that he wants to silence the doubters.
- Ever the voice of reason, Teddy Bridgewater isn’t ready to proclaim the Vikings a playoff contender.
- Ted Glover is back! He put the Zimmer/Peterson presser through his popular “RickSpeak” translator.
- Bovada has the Vikings’ over/under win total at 7.5 games. Most fans will likely take the over, eh?
- Paul Allen is a fan favorite in Minnesota, and the voice of KFAN was kind enough to answer questions on two different Vikings fan sites:
- If you’ve ever wondered how Mike Zimmer calls a defense, check out Arif’s breakdown of the Tampa 7.
- Stefon Diggs is quickly making a name for himself at Vikings OTAs.
- Mike Wallace was wired for sound at Vikings practice today, and one thing became clear — he doesn’t appreciate grabby corners.
- A look at some of the charitable work the Vikings are doing off the field.
And for the video of the week, Tom Pelissero discusses Peterson’s mindset upon re-joining his teammates in Minnesota: