The Mike Zimmer lead Vikings have never lost a preseason game and that streak continues into 2015 with four exhibition games left to play. With football making life feel normal again, I’m bringing back an old favorite in “Links of the Week” where I try to bring you the best of the best from our friends around the internet.
Before we get to it, though, I want to remind everyone to please consider donating to our #MoreThanWords campaign benefitting Chad Greenway’s Lead The Way Foundation and, more specifically, his “Chad’s Locker” program. Remember, by donating on behalf of Vikings Territory you can win one of our awesome giveaway prizes (read this for details).
Also, it isn’t too late to follow the lead of Echidna, Inc. and SH Architecture and become a business sponsor of #MoreThanWords. Please click here for details on what a business sponsorship entails. Helping a great cause and getting some excellent exposure? Of course you should!
Okay, time to set the hard sell aside and get to those links!
- This is such a great story about Mick Tingelhoff that takes a look at things from a slightly different perspective. Check it out.
- Mike Kafka was not terrible on Sunday and other observations about the Hall of Fame game.
- The 2015 Vikings rookie class is giving us even more reasons for optimism prior to the regular season.
- Adrian Peterson is one of the favorites to win the MVP award in 2015 according to Vegas.
- Defensive lineman Justin Trattou played well on Sunday and could be a sneaky “sleeper” pick to produce this year.
- Teddy Bridgewater looked sharp in his 2015 debut which provides some reassurances at this point.
- The Purple FTW! Podcast has announced a three show per week schedule featuring recurring appearances from Arif Hasan and Di Murphy for the 2015 regular season.
- The Vikings lead the NFL in arrests over the last five years.
- Rookie offensive tackle Tyrus Thompson did not get the greatest reviews following his preseason debut.
- Tom Moore interviewed like 98 of the 90 current Vikings players in Mankato during training camp (yeah, I double checked that math), and you should check them out.
- Mike Wallace is embracing the chance at a fresh start in Minnesota.
- The Vikings new starting offensive line looked formidable in their limited preseason action.
- This weekend we can expect to see Norv Turner’s starting offense, including quarterback Teddy Bridgewater, take more snaps than what we saw in Canton.
- Here is an awesome story about an important member of the Vikings organization.
- Paul Allen thinks Robert Blanton is the likely starting safety at the start of the regular season.
- Captain Munnerlyn didn’t play at all on Sunday and Mike Zimmer explained why that is.
- Xavier Rhodes is looking forward to welcoming quarterback Jameis Winston to the NFL.
- The Vikings should perhaps feel particularly grateful that they escaped Canton without any serious injuries.
- Rick Spielman likes the “track team” that he has assembled for 2015.
- And, here it is, your moment of Zen: