Since their early bye week, the Minnesota Vikings have done nothing but win, and now have three straight victories to their name. Can they make it four? We’ll take a look around the web at everything being said about this team in advance of this week’s big game against the St. Louis Rams.
First, however, I want to point out that this last week has been a rare one in Minnesota sports in that the Vikings haven’t been the subject of the most important headlines. Really, they haven’t even ranked close to the top storylines in recent weeks. I’d like to use this space to draw your attention to a great article written by our own Lindsey Young.
Lindsey posted a great piece following the sad news of Flip Saunders’ passing and ahead of the Timberwolves season opener. Basketball fan or not, I’d encourage you all to CLICK HERE and give it a read.
Okay, on to all things purple…
- The NFL trade deadline is always better in our imaginations than it ever is in reality.
- Danielle Hunter was the latest Vikings rookie to make a positive on-field impression and is a name to keep an eye on.
- It is super early in the game, but the Vikings still “control their own destiny” when it comes to winning the NFC North.
- Some experts don’t think the Vikings offensive line has been as bad as you (and I) think they have been.
- Remember how awesome Cordarrelle Patterson was the last time we played the Rams? About that…
- An excellent collection of notes regarding last week’s win in Chicago.
- A list of five underrated Vikings players that deserve more praise than they get.
- Of all his various nicknames, Teddy Bridgewater prefers “Gump” and there is a pretty good backstory as to why that is.
- Of the head coaches hired to new jobs in 2014, the current results point towards Mike Zimmer as being the wisest choice.
- Adrian Peterson wants to play football for another decade.
- Former Vikings linebacker Fred McNeill passed away from ALS at age 63.
- A compare and contrast exercise regarding Adrian Peterson and Todd Gurley.
- Wondering about that Stefon Diggs touchdown celebration? Here’s what it is all about.
- Harrison Smith, Harrison Smith, and a little more Harrison Smith.
- Mike Zimmer’s defense hopes to force more turnovers during the second half of the season.
- Likewise, the offense is focusing on improving their red zone production.
- Everson Griffen and Tom Johnson have developed some pretty good chemistry and it is showing.
- And now, your moment of Zen: