I just wanted to write a quick note to let you know that I am back in the saddle now and will be updating the site a lot this coming week. Last week was filled with a horribly sick family, a heavy work load at the real job, and lastly a bit of travel.
If you live where I do, you tend to feel disconnected quite a bit from the “real world.” Thus, whenever I travel “outside” I come to a number of realizations and I thought it would be fun to avoid the topic of football in this post and list a few things I learned over the last few days:
- Eating at Golden Corral is a horrifying experience that nobody should ever, ever have to endure. Seriously.
- I practically grew up in Dairy Queens during the Denis the Menace era because I was lucky enough to have a grandpa that owned and operated multiple franchises in Minnesota. It had been years since I have seen the server tip my Blizzard upside down like they did in the old days, but I am happy to report that the practice is making a comeback!
- I’m not a fan of Hollywood making movies out of books that actually get kids to read, because then they don’t have to read them. However, The Hunger Games is a worthwhile film that they didn’t screw up too badly on the adaptation. Read the books first, though!
- When did Wal-Mart raise their prices?
- My boy made me a proud papa in his first trip to Toys-R-Us. How many kids will go straight past all of the noisy, flashing, remote control, battery operated toys and grab the plain old dinosaur models instead? He just grabbed a few of them and sat down in the middle of the store and commenced in playing with old fashioned toys. Love it!
Okay, glad I got all that off of my chest. Football updates are coming soon.